8 to 15 years are required to create 1 new corn, sunflower or oilseed rape hybrid. Our R&D department, thanks to our cutting edge technology, creates high potential varieties that can answer our clients demands by following specified breeding objectives
increasing yield and yield stability for all our crops is one of the top breeding priorities.
of our genetic material to different soil types, climatic conditions, and impacts of global warming.
improving natural tolerance mechanisms of hybrids to stress factors such as diseases, pests or environmental stress like drought to secure yield.
Silage quality improvment through multiple criteria like energy value, stay green, starch content.
oil content, oil composition, grain quality or biogas production are important characteristics for breeding.
Main plant characteristics like earliness, standability, plant height or flowering time play a major role in yield stability.
International Research & Development
R&D combines genetic footprints with molecular markers and field testing to create, asses and select hybrids thanks to genetic progress. MAS Seeds owns 8 research centers in Europe and Africa to select hybrids for each territory and determine the best position.
R&D Genomics division figures
- 9600 genetic corn and oleaginous ressources
- 1 biomolecular laboratory
- 400 000 DNA extracts analysed each year
- 48 000 nursery lines
- Di-halpïde programs for each species
- 40 breeding partners, in public and private institutions
R&D agronomy division figures
- 8 research stations and 230 testing sites in Europe
- 4 winter generation sites (Chili, Argentina, Senegal, Mexico)
- 300 000 experimental parcels
- 2,5 million agronomic notations each year
- 110 isolated fields and 1700 cages and tunnels for experimental seed production
- 2 R&D "exploitation system" programs : AGROPLUS & NUTRIPLUS