Increase the nutritional efficiency of your maize silage
Maize is the easiest forage crop to conserve in silage form. Practices for maize silage have changed over the last few years – harvesters and equipment are more efficient and silos can be filled much faster now. The number of tractors making the silo however, has remained stable.
As a result, silos can be less compacted leading to dry matter and quality losses.
A complete diagnostic of your Maize Silage
NUTRIPLUS® SILO is a service package within the NUTRIPLUS® Program provided by MAS Seeds where our experts make a complete diagnosis of your maize silage after opening your silo. It is a real-time decision-making tool to improve practices in silo management.
How it Works?
MAS Seeds adviser opens the silo at the farm with the cattle farmer and follows these steps :
- Visual observation of the grain cracking quality and presence of mold on the front of the silo;
- Measure the temperature, food value and compaction sampling with AgriNIR™* in several places across the silo;
- Feed value analysis completed thanks to data results entered in AgriNIR™*
- Personalised recommendations given along with a printed report focused on how to improving the quality of your forage and adapt your livestock’s diet:
- Conservation quality
- Feed value
- Dry matter losses estimation for 6 months of storage
- Personalised advice
*AgriNIR™* is a portable NIR analyzer for forages which measures moisture, starch, crude protein and many other nutrients, in just seconds
Why is it Important?
A good silo management contributes to reducing significantly the losses :
Example : A 200 tons dry matter silo that can feed one hundred cows for 5-6 months
Source : MAS dairy farm network
Our expert talks about NUTRIPLUS® SILO
To learn more about our NUTRIPLUS Silo or get maize seed, find your local MAS Seeds representative.